White Turtleneck-Lands’ End
Red and White Fair Isle Button Down Sweater-L.L. Bean
White Down Vest-Eddie Bauer
Red Tartan Plaid Scarf-Walmart
Cross Body Bag-Coach-Gift-Thank you Sandra
Red Tartan Plaid Ballet Flats with Ruffles-Payless
Somebody appreciates Outfit 31!!! And gave us a Kreativ Blogger Award!!! How seriously AWESOME is THAT???!!! Imagine my surprise last night as I was escaping reality and catching up on my blog reading! I got to one of my regular reads, just readin’ along mindin’ my own business. Trying to get over a major TUDE I had worked myself into, even Someone Handsome put in his earbuds, it was so pathetic!!! You know me, total honesty and full disclosure! I know TMI! Happens to everybody, sometime. And then, as I was reading along I saw “And the blogger award goes to… OUTFIT 31!!! WHAT??? NO WAY! I read it again. Yep. It definitely said “Outfit 31!” I was so excited I couldn’t even talk. I just jumped up out of my bloggy chair at my blogspot (pun intended–but that is what my little workspace is called!) ran over, was jumping up and down in front of Someone Handsome making motions for him to pull out his ear buds. Guess he thought I had elevated my major attitude in to a full-fledged hissy fit! All I could get out was a lot of pointing and squealing. He looked kinda alarmed, kinda like he didn’t want to take out his earbuds. I’m sure I was misreading his body language!!! Benefit of the doubt time. Then after I finally was able to squeak out, “you HAVE to read this!!!” And after some high fiving and a happy dance-or fifty-I felt all loved and warm in my heart. A huge hug and thank you to Nicole from Power Tools and Thread for choosing me as one of her favorite blogs, but most of all thank you for being part of the lesson I needed to learn! Don’t work yourself up over stupid stuff that is just petty! Worry about my own attitude (that I can control), not someone else’s (that I cannot control). When the time is right you will be rewarded. You never know when God will choose to bless you! AND to do what you do with love, because that’s what truly matters most of all.
So, as a recipient of such fine awards, here are the details regarding them:
- Link back to the darling blogger you got the award from.
- Write 7 random things about yourself.
- Fill in the question form below.
- Give the award to 10 other blogs and let them know.
7 Random Things About Me:
1. I cry easily. Very easily. I cry everywhere! I cry if I even see someone else cry!!! If I'm happy, I cry. If I'm sad, I cry. If I hear beautiful music or see beautiful artwork or nature, I cry. My family says I cry at supermarket openings or that my bladder is behind my eyes! A friend told me years ago that God made me tender-hearted for a reason and that made me a little more o.k. with it, but I still struggle with embarrassment about it sometimes.
2. I love God and His church. And the amazing grace and mercy of both.
3. I just want to be REAL and not pretend to be something or someone I'm not.
4. Something I most admire is the courage others have to change their lives and the lives of others by being transparent with their struggles in hope of helping someone else.
5. My life is not what it used to be. Thankfully. My mistakes, though often painful, God has used to encourage others.
6. Only set my focus on the positive. The world already has enough negative and doesn't need me to contribute to it!
7. My biggest desire, is to encourage others. Everyone needs a person who believes in their work, ability and potential AND tells them so! Along with the blessing of weepy eyes God also gave me a big mouth! I'm making the choice to use it to bless others with it. That was not always the case. Change can be a good thing!
Question & Answer = fun!
- Name your favorite song. That would be completely impossible for me to do, as a lot of you who follow me on Facebook already know, I love ALL types of music! One of the top ones would be the one that Someone Handsome and I refer to as "our song." Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young-Our House. I'm a sap. I know! Can't help it!!! Home is very important to me, because growing up, that was one of the things I wanted most, that was elusive and now I am thankful to have one.
- Name your favorite dessert. Ice cream!
- What makes you angry. A couple of things that immediately come to mind are racism, taking advantage of children or people who are unable to defend themselves.
- When you're upset, you... - Cry. Then watch out, because afterward, I get embarrassed that I cried, and then I get REALLY upset!!!
- Your favorite pet? My little 10 pound miniature dachshund, Big Jake.
- Black or white? Both! Together or separately!
- Your biggest fear? Diseases. Harm to my family or others.
- Best feature? I've never viewed myself as ever being attractive or having a best feature. But others always complement my eyes. Their greenish/bluish hazel and change colors depending on the weather, what I wear or my mood.
- Everyday attitude? Thankful! So, so very thankful!
- What is perfection? Jesus!
- Guilty pleasure? None! Every good and perfect gift comes from GOD!
And the blogger award goes to...
Yours Mine and Ours-Meredith never ever pretends and is honest.
Frills for Thrills-She's a pastor's wife with style! Breaking the myth that you have to be frumpy to serve God!
Advanced Style-Because style and beauty are ageless.
DC Goodwill Fashionista-Everyone of every economic class can appreciate a bargain! Plus Goodwill is such a blessing to so many people and communities!
L.A. in the bay-She's not afraid to let her faith show.
Blond Episodes-Another blogger firm in faith.
Betty Beguiles-A blog where faith and fashion mix happily!
The Goodwill Gal-Great ideas with Goodwill finds!
Rare and Beautiful Treasures-Erin has the ability to touch my heart with her writing and photography.
Resolved 2 Worship-I love this blog! A photographer mom to eight beautiful children, each a precious gift from God. Beautiful, just like Ann!
Make my day again and "Like" Outfit 31 on Facebook to join in the conversation!
You're the one who could make it EVEN better!
While you're at it, also follow Outfit 31 on Twitter!